A combination of physical and psychological issues can be a strong reasons for erectile dysfunction. Now when you have detected the ED issue with you, let’s find out how to cure erectile dysfunction? Sometimes, treating an underlying disorder is enough to reverse the erection issue, while medications might be needed in other cases.
Erectile dysfunction or ED is a medical condition when a man consistently has a problem either achieving or maintaining an erection. While this problem can affect any man at some point in his life, an erection problem is more than just an occasional problem with arousal. It can be an ongoing health problem. ED is common, affecting at least twelve million men in the US.
Man who experiences erectile dysfunction can have other related health complications, including depression and anxiety. Ignoring the erection problem can be dangerous since it could indicate a serious health condition. Men with ED also experience low self-esteem and decreased quality of life. People suffering from this condition constantly look for erectile dysfunction medicines and other cures for erectile dysfunction. Below causes can be blamed for ED.
Common Causes of ED
- Depression: Sexual excitement starts in your head and works its way. Depression can reduce your desire, thus leading to ED. Antidepressants can also suppress your sex drive, make it difficult to achieve an erection, and delay your orgasm.
- Stress: It’s not easy to get into the mood when you have the burden of responsibilities at home and at work. Stress can also affect your sexual ability. Therefore, it is important to make lifestyle changes that promote relaxation, such as eating a balanced diet, exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, and having timely health checkups.
- Alcohol: Some of you consider having a few drinks to get in a mood, but excessive consumption could make it difficult for you to finish the act. Heavy alcohol use can affect one’s sexual ability, whereas moderate drinking (one or two drinks per day) have health benefits like reducing risks associated with heart disease. Drugs such as cocaine, marijuana, and amphetamines can cause sexual issues in men too.
- Anger: Anger can affect blood flow and make it difficult for you to perform in the bedroom. It’s not easy to turn on after a heating argument just before your intimate act. Moreover, unexpressed anger can also contribute to performance problems in the bedroom.
- Medications: Certain medications that you may be using for your other health conditions can interfere with your sexual abilities. There is a long list of common medications, including certain blood pressure, antidepressants, and pain medications. Make sure you do not stop any treatment without discussing it with your doctor.
- Anxiety: Performance anxiety is one of the major reasons for erectile dysfunction in men. Worrying in the bedroom can make you avoid intimacy, which can heavily strain your relationship with your partner.
- Being overweight: Carrying extra pounds not just lowers your self-esteem but may also affect your sexual performance. Obese men are found to have low testosterone levels, a hormone responsible for stimulating sexual desire and producing an erection. Obesity is also linked to hypertension and the hardening of arteries, reducing slow blood flow to the penis.
- Self-image: A negative self-image can make you not only about how you look but also how well you will perform in the bedroom. This is performance anxiety can make you anxious even to attempt intercourse.
- Reduced libido: Low libido causes erection issues in men. Stress, anxiety, and low esteem can all reduce your sex drive.
- Your health condition: Different health conditions can affect the blood circulation towards the penile muscles. Conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, and hardening of arteries can give rise to erection problems. Surgery performed to treat prostate problems in men can also affect blood vessels and nerves that control penile erection.
How to cure erectile dysfunction naturally and permanently? Treating the underlying cause of erection problems is often the most important step. Doctors suggest specific treatments for the symptoms themselves.
Medications and substance use can cause or worsen erection problems; antidepressants and tobacco use are the most common. Regular exercise and tobacco cessation improved diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia are recommended initial lifestyle changes. While at the same time there are some helpful erectile dysfunction medicines that are being prescribed by doctors which help you treat erectile dysfunctions.
Oral phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors are the first-line oral treatments for ED. Second-line treatment includes alprostadil and vacuum devices. Furthermore, surgically implanted penile prostheses are an option when other therapies have been effective.
The bottom line
What are the reasons for erectile dysfunction? Well, ED causes due to neurologic, vascular, psychological, and hormonal issues. Health conditions commonly associated with erection problems include hypertension, diabetes, obesity, hyperlipidemia, testosterone deficiency, and prostate cancer treatment. Depression, performance anxiety, and relationship issues are common psychological causes. Oral phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors are extremely effective in treating mild to moderate cases of ED.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions, and data contained in these publications are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of Centrico and the editor(s).